'FUTURE SKILLS' PLEDGE
What is the 'Future Skills' Pledge?
We are looking for employers who are interested or willing to pledge to take on an apprentice to help your business develop a workforce with the right skills for the future* and help close the skills gap we currently face.
Start the process today to find the best fit for your business!
*The 'Future Skills' pledge does not require commitment at this stage but would enable us and our college partners to identify the demand in advance.
Why take the 'Future Skills' Pledge?
By taking the pledge today:
- It will give you time to find the right fit for your business
- You will receive free apprenticeship advice and guidance from our Skills Advisory Service
- You will evidence your commitment to supporting our industry to close the skills gap
Why are apprenticeships so important?
Our industry has an ageing workforce: the number of employees above 60 is increasing more than any other age group and the biggest reduction is in the total of workers under 30.
According to the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) ‘this will have a serious affect on the industry, as essential skills will be lost when employees retire. This exacerbated by the fact that the number of new recruits is declining and there will be nobody available to replace those retiring.’
Apprenticeships have a vital role to play in helping close the building services skills gap and we all have a role to play to support our industry and the future skills we desperately need.
What are the benefits of hiring an apprentice?
Apprenticeships are an exciting option for both apprentice and employer.
As an employer you can:
- Employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates, to people who want to further their careers or change career direction completely
- Hire someone new or upskill an existing employee
- Get funding from the government to help pay for apprenticeship training
According to gov.uk, 'hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
Still need convincing?
There are so many reasons why taking on an apprentice makes sense, here are a few reasons why...
Support and funding is available
Support and funding is available to help businesses such as yourself to recruit apprentices. Incentives differ dependant on where in the country you are located:
- Support and funding for employers in England
- Support and funding for employers in Wales
- Support and funding for employers in Scotland
- Support and funding for employers in Northern Ireland
If you'd like more information, advice and guidance, contact the BESA Academy team.
Want to learn more about apprenticeships?
We are holding a number of webinars to explain how to go about taking on an apprentice, what BSE apprenticeships are available, how much it costs and what the benefits are to your business and much more. Register your place below:
Apprenticeships in Wales
Apprenticeships in Scotland
Will you take the 'Future Skills' Pledge?
The 'Future Skills' pledge does not require commitment at this stage, but would enable us and our college partners to identify the demand in advance.
Once the pledge has been made, we will contact you to understand your requirements and identify which college can deliver the training.